The National Film Board has a free app (“NFB Films”) for available for ROKU equipped TVs. To use it, you need to have:
- A suitable wired or wireless connection (depending on your device)
- A TV with an HDMI port and a ROKU device connected via this port;
- A TV with integrated ROKU.
1- ADD THE NFB FILMS CHANNEL TO YOUR ROKU
- Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
- Select “Streaming Channels” to open the Channel Store.
- Enter “NFB FILMS” in Search Channels.
- Press the “OK” button on your remote to see more details.
- Select “Add Channel” to install the NFB Films channel on your Roku device.
More details are available on the ROKU support page: https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208756388
2- STREAM NFB FILMS
- Open the NFB Films channel on your ROKU.
- Browse through the different sections in the app and select a film that interests you. Once you click on it, it will open the Film detail page with more information.
- Click WATCH NOW to play film.
- The control features on your ROKU remote works the same way for the NFB Films App (play, pause, mute, etc).